Rare 1/4 Daguerreotype Famous Musician Violin Player Ole Bull Wisconsin 1850s
Very rare quarter-plate daguerreotype of Ole Bornemann Bull (February 1810 - 17 August 1880), the Norwegian virtuoso violinist and composer. This was taken in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1856, when he gave his first concert performance in nearby Madison. This daguerreotype was made by Henry Brown. Bull is not identified anywhere on the dag I'm offering here, but I own another 1/4 daguerreotype from the same sitting that has the date, location, and the ID's of the photographer Brown and of Bull inside of the case, written in period hand. This image has tarnish, heavy swipes, and some scratches.
The image is also somewhat light, but visible. It is behind its original mat but has no cover glass. The push-button, pebbled leather case is in excellent antique condition.
Famous violin music history photo antique vintage 1800s 19th century. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Production Technique: Daguerreotype
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Theme: Americana, Art, Celebrities, Music, People
- Type: Photograph
- Antique: Yes
- Subject: Celebrities & Musicians
- Region of Origin: US
- Date of Creation: 1856
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Photo Type: Daguerreotype
- Original/Reprint: Original Print